On October 31, 2013 I purchased my very first Ibanez RG guitar: an Ibanez RG4EX1 that was my dream guitar at the time (especially the sharktooth inlays)…
The Ibanez RG4EX1: One Year Later
Now, in this Hangout video, I’ve decided to do a “one year later” broadcast on my Ibanez RG4EX1. I can’t believe I’ve had this guitar for a year now, and I STILL LOVE IT! (Scroll below to see a link for my “‘New Guitar’ Hangout & Initial Review” video I created one year ago.)
In the video above, I’ll be discussing some of the pros & cons of this particular model, which is very similar to the Ibanez RG350DX & the Ibanez RG470FM (see link below to shop for Ibanez RG Guitars). I’ll also be demonstrating the great features of the Ibanez RG4EX1 and what I think about the various aspects of these features.
Topics of Discussion
- Tuning stability during dive bombs & bends
- An experiment I tried for additional tuning stability
- My opinions of Floyd-Rose style bridges (an Edge III on this guitar)
- My thoughts and recommendations for purchasing similar guitars (accessories, changing strings, which strings have worked best for me, etc.)
This is going to be a great show! I’m just going to kick back and enjoy playing and talking about my awesome RG4EX1 guitar. Here’s hoping you will join me!
- Shop for Ibanez RG Guitars here on Amazon.
- Watch my “‘New Guitar’ Hangout & Initial Review” video of my Ibanez RG4EX1 one year ago:
Check out my pics of my Ibanez RG4EX1 guitar below:
Question: Do you own an Ibanez RG guitar? What are your thoughts about them compared to other guitars? Leave a comment below and tell us all about it.