A New Classic After 25 Years!
Recently I bought a King James Study Bible, Second Edition and decided to compare it with my older, original edition of the same Bible. So just one day after receiving it, I decided to do a Google+ Hangout comparing the two.
In the video above I’ll be comparing the more recent King James Study Bible, Second Edition with my original edition of the same Bible and show you the similarities and differences of both. I’ll also be covering why I originally wanted to purchase a new Bible in the first place, since I already have various other Bibles with different study features.
What’s New in the Second Edition?
Both the second edition and original edition contain the Authorized King James text, only now the second edition has been updated with tons of great new features including:
- Fresh new page design for enjoyable reading of the Authorized King James text
- 48 revised in-text maps and charts redrawn for stress-free reference
- Archaeological finds from the last 25 years since it’s revision
- New indexes on Christ and the Gospels, Paul and his Letters, and End Times Prophecy
- Enhanced concordance with added Hebrew and Greek word studies gives deeper insight
All of this and still the same timeless features contained in the original edition such as:
- More than 5,700 authoritative and time-tested study notes offer straightforward communication and clear understanding
- Doctrinal and archaeological footnotes and personality profiles written by trusted, conservative pastors and Bible teachers
- Comprehensive book introductions and outlines
- Center-column references with translation notes
- Complete index to annotations, doctrinal footnotes, personality profiles, and archaeological sites
For some pics of the differences between the second edition and original edition, click here.
I’m very excited to add this newly updated King James Study Bible to my collection in addition to my Thompson Chain-Reference Bible, which has been my main Bible for many years. I’m certain you’ll be equally excited once you get your hands on one as well.
- Bonded Leather: 2240 pages (also available in hardcover)
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson; 2 Lea edition (October 15, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1401679560
- ISBN-13: 978-1401679569
- Product Dimensions: 10.1 x 7 x 2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.9 pounds
- Average Amazon Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars (30 customer reviews)
And as always, please share this content if you or anyone you know will find the information valuable by using the sharing buttons below.
Also, if you liked this video, check out my video on How to Navigate Your Thumb-Indexed Thompson Chain Reference Bible.
Question: What’s you’re opinion on the new look and feel of the King James Study Bible, 2nd Edition? Leave a comment below and tell us all about it.