Welcome to my Blog
My name is Eric Beaty (mainly known for my YouTube Videos and Guitar Instructional Courses—see below), and I want to extend a hearty Welcome to you for visiting my main website and blog.
My main purpose for creating this site is to have a place of my own where I can enjoy creating and sharing the things that interest me, apart from my other websites (listed below).
As I continue to grow, refine, and find my own creative voice here on the blog, I’m confident this site will evolve to become a motivating, inspiring, and helpful resource to those who grow along with me.
Some of my interests include (click for samples from the Blog):
- Writing (Articles, Fiction, How-to, etc.)
- Books (Reviews, Reading, etc.)
- Creating Videos (Instructional, Vlogs, Screencasts, etc.)
- Entrepreneur & Business (Time Management, Productivity, Focus, Goals, Apps, etc.)
- Guitar & Music (Tips & Tricks, Performance Improvement, Simplifying hard-to-understand concepts)
This site will mainly focus on the following:
- Creating content I’m interested in (see above), find value in, and I feel will be helpful and informative to my audience.
- Concentrating on and honing my writing skills via the use of my blog. (And possibly pre-releasing snippets of my works in progress.)
- Sharing various other aspects (updates, journal entries, etc.) of my life with the general public.
- Overall, my main intention on the blog is to focus on my writing and becoming better at communicating with others through the stories, insights, and lessons I intend to share here.
A Short Bio: The Purpose of EricBeaty.com
My main passion in life is playing guitar. In 2007 I created my very own YouTube channel dedicated to simple guitar instruction and have been maintaining it now for nearly 8 years. In the spring of 2011, as a result of my effective teaching style, I was fortunate enough to be discovered on YouTube and was offered the chance to create my very own professional guitar instructional product. That became Texas Blues Guitar by Eric Beaty.
Shortly after, I began work on another project for people interested in the Bluegrass genre of guitar—my personal favorite style of playing. I am now about to complete this course entitled Bluegrass Guitar Essentials and have decided to take a different direction in my entrepreneur life.
Hence the need for this website.
After spending many years working on my main passion (guitar), I’ve decided it’s time to devote some of my energy pursuing other passions and interests such as those mentioned above (notice guitar-related interests are listed last since my YouTube channel mainly serves this purpose).
In order to keep things simple and consolidate my catalog of work online, I believe the best approach is to have one central hub for all of my activities, aside from my product websites and other social platforms.
Therefore, I’m determined that EricBeaty.com will the place where I can freely express myself and help others learn from my successes and failures in life without having to feel bound to what I refer to as “Chasing the Money” (doing things for money rather than for the love of doing them).
This site’s main purpose is to provide a home for the continual evolution of my creative expression, learning, and self-discovery—all the while providing the same for my audience. (See also #4 above.)
For more information about why I created EricBeaty.com, check out a recent article I wrote entitled “Tending to the Forest of Entrepreneurship.”
Goals for the Blog
As mentioned above, my focus for this site is mainly as an author and creator; as such, I plan on producing regular, quality content here at least once a week—hopefully more. Many times I find myself worried about creating enough content or coming up with new ideas; however, I also find that I’m never short of ideas for projects and new content, so it’s never really been an issue.
Also, I’m constantly finding new inspiration from other online authorities in the fields of writing, guitar, entrepreneurship, etc., which makes for even more great content ideas I can share with my audience. Therefore, I’m confident in saying that you can depend on consistent, engaging content from EricBeaty.com.
As I come up with new products and materials (ebooks, courses, videos, free downloads, etc.) I plan on hosting a place for many of them here on the blog instead of creating totally new websites for them. Again, I want EricBeaty.com to be the central hub for all the things I have to offer. Therefore, I plan on including a Products page where you can find out more information about all of my current and forthcoming products.
I also plan on creating resource pages (Writing, Books, Guitar, etc.) for anyone wishing to glean insights from the many amazing apps, blogs, videos, books, etc., that I’ve discovered over years of research online. However, once again, the creation of new, useful content will be the main priority, so these additional pages will have to wait until I meet my initial goals for content creation.
Navigating the Site
Navigating EricBeaty.com is a piece of cake. Just look at the sidebar for all your navigational needs including:
- A form for subscribing to receive Awesome Content as well as Blog updates
- My most Recent Posts
- A Search Bar for finding posts via keyword
- Archives from my Blog
- Categories based on content
- Links for connecting with me elsewhere online
- And, just for fun, some of my current favorite books on Goodreads
For this website I’m currently using the following technologies:
- For hosting, I use and recommend BlueHost. It’s easy-to-use and set up, reliable, and inexpensive. It also has superb, 24/7 customer support.
- My Blog is built on WordPress, which is included free when you use BlueHost.
- The theme I currently use is a free theme called Simone. It’s highly customizable, has a professional sleek and modern appearance, and is open-sourced and in continuous development.
- Beginning in February of 2015, I began using an amazing plugin called Thrive Landing Pages to create much of the content on this blog. It’s got just about everything you could want to build a professional looking—and performing—website and includes some great bonus tools…without the monthly fee of most similar plugins and tools!
For Further Information
If you would like to be informed whenever I post new content to this site, please check out the sidebar where you can subscribe to my blog. This particular mailing list will only be used to notify you of topics related to my blog.
If you are interested in my guitar-related or other products and services, or just want to know more about me and what I do online, please check out those sites dedicated to serving you elsewhere:
Also, remember to look me up on YouTube, Google+, Facebook, Twitter, etc. via the “My Links” section provided on the sidebar of this site.
If you need to contact me for more information regarding my products, content-related questions, or any other aspects of this site, you can do so in the following ways:
- Leave a comment below any post on this site relevant to any questions or comments you have on that particular post
- Leave a message on my Contact Page
These are the best ways to contact me since they are contained within this website and will be much easier for me to manage instead of my many social profiles.
Note: While I can’t promise to respond to every inquiry, I will do my best to answer as many as I can as quickly as possible to provide you with the information you seek.
Some blog posts and pages may contain affiliate links. This means when you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in a commission that is credited to this site. Some affiliate programs and affiliations include (but are not limited to) Amazon.com, Commission Junction, and ClickBank. I only recommend companies and products I personally love and I believe will benefit you. This disclosure complies with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255.
That’s All, Folks
Thanks for browsing my blog. Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog posts in the sidebar so you can be notified immediately of new content.
I hope you enjoy the blog and that it will prove to be a helpful, practical, and informative resource in your personal or professional life.
Please feel free to share this site with others if it has made a difference to you by using the social sharing buttons located below.
EricTop Image ©2011 Sean Setters Photography